The network profile information identifies the routed network properties, its underlying external network profile, and other values used in provisioning the network when using the supplied IPAM endpoint.
If you want to create a routed network profile by using a third-party IPAM endpoint, see Specify Routed Network Profile Information with a Third-Party IPAM Endpoint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a fabric administrator.
Create an external network profile. See Create an External Network Profile By Using the Supplied IPAM Endpoint.
- Select .
- Click New and select Routed from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Accept the default IPAM endpoint value for the supplied vRealize Automation IPAM endpoint.
- Select an existing external network profile from the External Network Profile drop-down menu.
- Enter the subnet mask in the Subnet mask text box that is associated with the external network profile.
The subnet mask specifies the size of the entire routable address space that you want to define for your network profile.
For example, enter 255.255.0.0.
- Select a value in the Range subnet mask text box drop-down menu to determine how ranges are generated by the Generate Ranges option on the IP Ranges page.
For example, enter 255.255.255.0.
The range subnet mask defines how you want to partition that space into individual address blocks that are allocated to every deployment instance of that network profile. When choosing a value for the range subnet mask, consider the number of deployments that you expect to use the routed network.
A range is used for each deployment that uses a routed network profile. The number of available routed ranges is equal to the subnet mask divide by the range subnet mask, for example 255.255.0.0/255.255.255.0 = 256.
- Enter the first available IP address in the Base IP text box.
This option is not available if you select a for third-party endpoint.
For example, enter 188.8.131.52.
- Click the DNS tab.
- Enter DNS and WINS values as needed.
DNS values are used for DNS name registration and resolution. The DNS and WINS fields are optional if you are using an internal IPAM endpoint. If you are using an external IPAM endpoint, the DNS and WINS values are provided by the third-party IPAM provider.
- (Optional) Enter a Primary DNS server value.
- (Optional) Enter a Secondary DNS server value.
- (Optional) Enter a DNS suffixes value.
- (Optional) Enter a DNS search suffixes value.
- (Optional) Enter a Preferred WINS server value.
- (Optional) Enter an Alternate WINS server value.