You can define one or more IP address ranges for use in provisioning a network by using NAT.
- Click the Network Ranges tab to create a new network range or select an existing network range.
Details about the selected range appear, including each name, description, and start and end IP address. Status-related information is also provided.
- Click New to enter a new network range name and IP address range manually or click Import from CSV to import the IP address information from a properly formatted CSV file.
Enter a network range name.
Enter a network range description.
Enter the start IP address of the range.
Enter the end IP address of the range.
Click Import from CSV.
Browse to and select the CSV file or drag the CSV file into the Import from CSV dialog box.
A row in the CSV file has the format ip_address, machine_name, status, NIC offset. For example:
An IP address in IPv4 format.
Name of a managed machine in vRealize Automation. If the field is empty, the default is no name. If the field is empty, the status field value cannot be Allocated.
Allocated or Unallocated, case-sensitive. If the field is empty, the default value is Unallocated. If the status is Allocated, the machine_name field cannot be empty.
A non-negative integer. Optional.
- Click OK.
The IP range name appears in the defined ranges list. The IP addresses in the range appear in the defined IP addresses list.
The uploaded IP addresses appear on the IP Addresses page when you click Apply or after you save and then edit the network profile.
- Click the IP Addresses tab to display the IP addresses for the named network range.
- (Optional) Select IP address information from the Network range drop-down menu to filter IP address entries.
You can display information about all defined network ranges, the network ranges imported from a CSV file, or a named network range. Details include the start IP address, machine name, last modification date and timestamp, and IP status.
- (Optional) Select a status type from the IP status drop-down menu to filter IP address entries to only those that match the selected IP status. Status settings are allocated, unallocated, destroyed, and expired.
For IP addresses that are in an expired or destroyed state, you can click Reclaim to make those IP address ranges available for allocation. You must save the profile for the reclamation to take effect. Addresses are not reclaimed immediately, so the status column does not immediately change from Expired or Destroyed to Allocated.
- Click OK.