You can create a vRealize Operations Manager endpoint to connect to a vRealize Operations Manager host suite API.
About this task
For information about validating the vRealize Operations Manager connection and certificate trust, see Considerations When Using Test Connection.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter the URL for the vRealize Operations Manager server in the Address text box.
The URL must be of the format: https://hostname/suite-api.
- Enter your vRealize Operations Manager user name and password credentials.
- (Optional) : Click Properties and add supplied custom properties, property groups, or your own property definitions for the endpoint.
- (Optional) : Click Test Connection to validate the credentials, host endpoint address, and certificate trust. The action also checks that the manager service and agent are running so that endpoint can be data-collected. The OK action tests for these same conditions.
The Test Connection action returns information about any of the following conditions:
If the certificate is not found, trusted, or has expired, you are prompted to accept a certificate thumbprint. If you do not accept the thumbprint, you can still save the endpoint but machine provisioning might fail.
The associated vSphere agent is not found. The agent must be running for the test to succeed.
The specified endpoint address is not reachable or the associated manager service is not running. The manager service must be running for the test to succeed.
The specified user name and password combination is invalid for the endpoint at the specified address.
The test action could not complete in the allowed two-minute time period.
If the Test Connection action fails, you can still save the endpoint but machine provisioning might fail.
If there is a trusted certificate issue, for example the certificate has expired, you are prompted to accept a certificate thumbprint.
- Click OK.