Tenant administrators grant access rights to users by assigning roles to users or groups.
To allow users or groups to modify and trigger a pipeline, you must assign permissions to those users and groups. When you assign users and groups the role of Release Manager, they can modify and trigger the pipeline. When you assign users and groups the role of Release Engineer, they can trigger the pipeline. For more information, see the Using vRealize Code Stream guide.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a tenant administrator.
- Select .
- Enter a user or group name in the Search box and press Enter.
Do not use an at sign (@), backslash (\), or slash (/) in a name. You can optimize your search by typing the entire user or group name in the form user@domain.
- Click the name of the user or group to which you want to assign roles.
- Select one or more roles from the Add Roles to this User list.
The Authorities Granted by Selected Roles list indicates the specific authorities you are granting.
- (Optional) Click Next to view more information about the user or group.
- On the User Details page, on the General tab, scroll the list of roles to add the user.
- To give the user permissions to modify and trigger a pipeline, select the Release Manager check box.
- To give the user permissions to trigger a pipeline, select the Release Engineer check box.
- Click Update.
Users who are currently logged in to the vRealize Automation console must log out and log back in to the vRealize Automation console before they can navigate to the pages to which they have been granted access.
What to do next
Optionally, you can create your own custom groups from users and groups in your Active Directory connections. See Create a Custom Group.