As the vSphere administrator, you take snapshots of all your virtual machines before starting the installation. If your installation fails, you can use the snapshots to revert to the last known good configuration and try to install again.
Do not exit the installation wizard or cancel the installation.
- Without existing the installation wizard, log in to the vSphere Client.
- Locate the vra01svr01.rainpole.local server in the vSphere Client inventory.
- Right-click the server the inventory and select Take Snapshot.
- Enter vra-install-snapshot as the snapshot name.
- Select Snapshot the virtual machine's memory checkbox to capture the memory of the server and click OK.
If something goes wrong with your installation, you can revert back to this snapshot.
- Repeat this procedure to create a snapshot of your Windows IaaS server, vra01iaas01.rainpole.local.
What to do next
Start your installation.