To prepare to define and use an third-party IPAM provider endpoint, you must first obtain the external IPAM provider package and import the package in vRealize Orchestrator.
Before you begin
Log in to vRealize Orchestrator with administrator privileges for importing, configuring, and registering a vRealize Orchestrator plug-in or package.
About this task
You can download and use an existing third-party IP Address Management provider plug-in, such as Infoblox IPAM. You can also create your own plug-in or package by using a VMware-supplied starter package and accompanying SDK documentation for use with another third-party IPAM solution provider such as Bluecat.
You can obtain the existing The Infoblox IPAM Plug-in for vRealize Orchestrator plug-in and supporting documentation from the VMware Solution Exchange (https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/category_groups/cloud-management). The download also contains documentation for installing and using the plug-in.
After you import the third-party IPAM provider plug-in or package in vRealize Orchestrator, you must run the required workflows, and register the IPAM endpoint type in vRealize Orchestrator.
For more information about importing plug-ins and packages and running vRealize Orchestrator workflows, see Using the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Client. For more information about extending vRealize Automation with vRealize Orchestrator plug-ins, packages, and workflows, see Life Cycle Extensibility.
This step sequence uses the Infoblox IPAM plug-in as an example. Your step sequence may differ depending on your vRealize Automation or plug-in version.
- Open the VMware Solution Exchange site at https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store.
- Select Cloud Management Marketplace.
- Locate and download the plug-in or package.
For example, import the Infoblox plug-in that supports the Infoblox third-party IPAM endpoint in vRealize Automation.
- Enter Infoblox in the Search field.
- Select the Infoblox Plug-in for vRealize solution by Infobox.
This plug-in is located at https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/the-infoblox-ipam-plug-in-for-vrealize-orchestrator.
- Click Tech Specs and review the prerequisites.
- Click Request Info and submit the completed form to receive an email that contains a link to download the Infoblox Plug-in for VMware vCenter Orchestrator.
- Download the zip file as specified in the emailed instructions.
Version 4.0 and greater of the plug-in supports vRealize Automation 7.1 and greater. The zip file that you download contains a release notes PDF and a PDF for each plug-in version. These PDF files contain important prerequisites for and information about using the Infoblox IPAM plug-in in vRealize Automation.
- In vRealize Orchestrator, click the Administrator tab and click Import package.
- Select the package to import.
For example, select the Infoblox Plug-in for VMware vCenter Orchestrator com.vmware.vra.ipam.service.sdk from source\vcac\components\ipam\vro-sdk\target\ipam-package-sdk-7.1.0-SNAPSHOT.package.
- Select all workflows and artifacts and click Import selected elements.