To prepare to define and use an third-party IPAM provider endpoint, you must first obtain the third-party IPAM provider package and import the package in vRealize Orchestrator.
You can download and use an existing third-party IP Address Management provider plug-in, such as Infoblox IPAM. You can also create your own third-party IPAM plug-in or package by using a VMware-supplied starter package and accompanying SDK documentation for use with another third-party IPAM solution provider, such as Bluecat.
Obtain the existing Infoblox IPAM Plug-in for vRealize Orchestrator plug-in and supporting documentation from marketplace.vmware.com. The download also contains documentation for installing and using the plug-in.
Create your own third-party IPAM solution by obtaining and using a third-party IPAM Solution Provider SDK, supporting documentation, and an associated starter package for vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Automation from code.vmware.com/web/sdk on the vRealize Automation Third-Party IPAM Integration SDK 7.3 page.
After you import the third-party IPAM provider plug-in or package in vRealize Orchestrator, you must run the required workflows, and register the IPAM endpoint type in vRealize Orchestrator.
For more information about importing plug-ins and packages and running vRealize Orchestrator workflows, see Using the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Client. For more information about extending vRealize Automation with vRealize Orchestrator plug-ins, packages, and workflows, see Life Cycle Extensibility.
This step sequence uses the Infoblox IPAM plug-in as an example. Your step sequence may differ depending on your vRealize Automation or plug-in version.
Download the package or plug-in from marketplace.vmware.com.
Log in to vRealize Orchestrator with administrator privileges for importing, configuring, and registering a vRealize Orchestrator plug-in or package.
- Open the marketplace.vmware.com site.
- Locate and download the plug-in or package.
For example, import the Infoblox plug-in that supports the Infoblox third-party IPAM endpoint in vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Automation 7.1 and later.
- In the Publisher category, select Infoblox and click Apply.
- Select The Infoblox Plug-in for vRealize Orchestrator.
- Click Tech Specs and review the prerequisites.
- Click Try for additional information and to receive an email that contains a link to the download.
- Download the zip file as specified in the emailed instructions.
Version 4.0 and greater of the plug-in supports vRealize Automation 7.1 and greater. The zip file also contains documentation about the plug-in.
- In vRealize Orchestrator, click the Administrator tab and click Import package.
- Select the package to import.
- Select all workflows and artifacts and click Import selected elements.