You can create a vCloud Air endpoint for a an OnDemand or subscription service. You can optionally associate proxy settings to the vCloud Director endpoint by associating to a Proxy endpoint.
About this task
For information about vCloud Air Management Console, see vCloud Air documentation.
Reservations defined for vCloud Air endpoints and vCloud Director endpoints do not support the use of network profiles for provisioning machines.
For vCloud Air endpoints, the Organization name and the vDC name must be identical for a vCloud Air subscription instance.
For information about associating proxy settings to your endpoint, see Create a Proxy Endpoint and Associate to a Cloud Endpoint.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an IaaS administrator.
Verify that you have Virtual Infrastructure Administrator authorization for your vCloud Air subscription service or OnDemand account.
If you want to configure additional security and force connections to pass through a proxy server, create a Proxy endpoint. You can associate to the Proxy endpoint as you create the vCloud Director endpoint. See Create a Proxy Endpoint and Associate to a Cloud Endpoint.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Accept the default vCloud Air endpoint address in the Address text box or enter a new one.
The default vCloud Air endpoint address is https://vca.vmware.com, as specified in the Default URL for vCloud Air endpoint global property.
- Enter your administrator-level user name and password.
The credentials must be those of thevCloud Air subscription service or OnDemand account administrator.
The user name format is domain\username.
Provide credentials for an organization administrator with rights to connect by using VMware Remote Console.
- (Optional) Click Properties and add supplied custom properties, property groups, or your own property definitions for the endpoint.
- (Optional) To configure additional security and force connections to pass through a proxy server, click Associations and associate to an existing Proxy endpoint.
You must have at least one Proxy endpoint to create an association.
- Click OK.