You can use the Health Service in vRealize Automation to identify virtual machines that need a Software Agent update to TLS 1.2.
You can use the Health Service to identify the virtual machines that need a Software Agent update to TLS 1.2. All Software Agents in the vRealize Automation 7.4 environment need to be updated so that you can perform post-provisioning procedures, which require secure communication between your browser and vRealize Automation.
You have successfully upgraded to vRealize Automation 7.4.
You are logged in to vRealize Automation 7.4 on the primary virtual appliance as tenant administrator.
- Click .
- Click New Configuration.
- On the Configuration Details page, provide the requested information.
Enter SW Agent verification.
Add optional description, for example, Locate software agents for upgrade to TLS 1.2.
Select vRealize Automation 7.4.0.
- Click Next.
- On the Select Test Suites page, select System Tests for vRealize Automation and Tenant Tests for vRealize Automation.
- Click Next.
- On the Configure Parameters page, provide the requested information.
Table 1. vRealize Automation Virtual Appliance
Public Web Server Address
For a minimal deployment, the base URL for the vRealize Automation appliance host. For example, https://va-host.domain/.
For a high-availability deployment, the base URL for the vRealize Automation load balancer. For example, https://load-balancer-host.domain/.
SSH Console Address
Fully qualified domain name of the vRealize Automation appliance. For example,va-host.domain.
SSH Console User
SSH Console Password
Password for root.
Max Service Response Time (ms)
Accept default: 2000
Table 2. vRealize Automation System Tenant
System Tenant Administrator
System Tenant Password
Password for administrator.
Table 3. vRealize Automation Disk Space Monitoring
Warning Threshold Percent
Accept default: 75
Critical Threshold Percent
Accept default: 90
Table 4. vRealize Automation Tenant
Tenant Under Test
Tenant selected for testing.
Fabric Administrator User Name
Fabric administrator user name. For example, email@example.com.Note:
This fabric administrator must also have a tenant administrator and an IaaS administrator role in order for all of the tests to run.
Fabric Administrator Password
Password for fabric administrator.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review the information and click Finish.
The software agent verification configuration is finished.
- On the SW Agent verification card, click Run.
- When the test is complete, click the center of the SW Agent verification card.
- On the SW Agent verification results page, page through the test results and find the Check Software Agent Version test in the Name column. If the test result is Failed, click the Cause link in the Cause column to see the virtual machines with an outdated software agent.
What to do next
If you have virtual machines with an outdated software agent, see Upgrade Software Agents on vSphere.