You can update the vRealize Automation appliance without upgrading the IaaS components.
About this task
Use this procedure when you want to update the vRealize Automation appliance without upgrading the IaaS components. This procedure does not stop IaaS services, skips updating the Management Agents, and prevents the automatic update of IaaS components after the vRealize Automation appliance updates.
- Open a secure shell connection to the primary vRealize Automation appliance node.
- At the command prompt, run this command to create the toggle file:
- Manually stop the IaaS services.
- Log in to your IaaS Windows server.
- Select .
- Stop these services in the following order.
Do not shut down the IaaS Windows server.
Each VMware vRealize Automation Proxy Agent.
Each VMware DEM worker.
The VMware DEM orchestrator.
The VMware vRealize Automation service.
- Access the primary vRealize Automation appliance management console and update the primary vRealize Automation appliance.