You can update your virtual appliance from an ISO file that the appliance reads from the virtual CD-ROM drive. This is the preferred method.
You download the ISO file and set up the primary appliance to use this file to upgrade your appliance.
Back up your existing vRealize Automation envrionment.
Verify that all CD-ROM drives you use in your upgrade are enabled before you update a vRealize Automation appliance. See the vSphere documentation for information about adding a CD-ROM drive to a virtual machine in the vSphere client.
- Download the update repository ISO file.
- Start a browser and go to the vRealize Automation product page at www.vmware.com.
- Click vRealize Automation Download Resources to go to the VMware download page.
- Download the appropriate file.
- Locate the downloaded file on your system to verify that the file size is the same as the file on the VMware download page. Use the checksums provided on the download page to validate the integrity of your downloaded file. For information, see the links at the bottom of the VMware download page.
- Verify that your primary virtual appliance is powered on.
- Connect the CD-ROM drive for the primary virtual appliance to the ISO file you downloaded.
- On your primary vRealize Automation appliance, log in to vRealize Automation Appliance Management as root using the password you entered when you deployed the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Settings.
- Under Update Repository, select Use CDROM Updates.
- Click Save Settings.