IaaS prerequisite check is unable to validate environments configured with a custom IIS website name. Disabling the automated IaaS upgrade corrects the problem.
The virtual appliance upgrade fails during the IaaS prerequisite check while running pre-install scripts and post-install scripts.
Error: Unrecognized configuration path MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site can not find path IIS:\Sites\Default Web Site because it does not exist.
When the failure occurs, you see an error message similar to:
Applying automatic fix for <prerequisite check name> prerequisite failed.
IaaS prerequisite check is unable to validate environments configured with a custom IIS website name. Disabling the automated IaaS upgrade prerequisite checks corrects the problem.
- Disable the automated IaaS upgrade prerequisite checks and fixes.
- Run the vRealize Automation upgrade. See Work Around Upgrade Problems.
- Follow the upgrade prompts. When the prompts direct you to reboot vRealize Automation, you can use the IaaS installer to search for any unsatisfied IaaS prerequisites and fix them manually.
Do not restart the appliance until you finish the IaaS prerequisites validation.
- Use the following steps for every IaaS website node.
Download the IaaS installer. See Download the IaaS Installer to Upgrade IaaS Components After Upgrading the vRealize Automation Appliance.
The first time you initialize the IaaS installer, it generates a new configuration file under the same directory with extension .exe.config.
Close the IaaS installer and add the following key in the
<appSettings>section of the configuration file. The key passes your custom website name to the IaaS prerequisite checker.
<add key="PreReqChecker.Default.DefaultWebSite" value="custom_web_site_name"/>
Save the configuration file and rerun the IaaS Installer. Follow the onscreen instructions, until the prerequisite validation is finished. If there were any failed prerequisites, fix them manually.
- Activate the IaaS automatic upgrade by closing the IaaS installer and rebooting the upgraded vRealize Automation appliance.
If you decide to continue the IaaS upgrade manually using the IaaS Installer, first reboot the upgraded vRealize Automation appliance, wait for all services to become registered. You must upgrade and configure all systems that have IaaS components installed. For more information, see Upgrade the IaaS Components After Upgrading vRealize Automation to the Target Release.