Running the IaaS upgrade process on the primary web server node with load balancing enabled fails. You might see these error messages: "System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out" or "401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials."
Upgrading IaaS with load balancing enabled can cause an intermittent failure. When this happens, you must run the vRealize Automation upgrade again with load balancing disabled.
- Revert your environment to the pre-update snapshots.
- Open a remote desktop connection to the primary IaaS web server node.
- Navigate to the Windows hosts file at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc.
- Open the hosts file and add this line to bypass the web server load balancer.
- Save the hosts file and retry the vRealize Automation update.
- When the vRealize Automation update competes, open the hosts file and remove the line you added in step 4.