When you restart more than one vRealize Automation component, you must restart the components in a specified order.
You might need to restart some components in your deployment to resolve anomalous product behavior. If you are using vCenter Server to manage your virtual machines, use the Guest OS restart command to restart vRealize Automation.
Verify that all load balancers that your deployment uses are running.
Verify that your vRealize Automation appliance database is operating in asynchronous mode. If it is operating in synchronous mode, use the Virtual Appliance Management Interface to change it to asynchronous mode. If applicable, return the appliance database to synchronous mode after you complete the procedure. See Managing the vRealize Automation Postgres Appliance Database for more information.
- In vSphere, if the master vRealize Automation appliance is not running, start the master vRealize Automation appliance now.
- Wait until the licensing service is running and REGISTERED in the master appliance management interface.
- Start the remaining vRealize Automation appliances at the same time.
- Wait for the appliances to start, and verify that services are running and listed as REGISTERED in the appliance management interface.
It might take 15 or more minutes for appliances to start.
- Restart the primary Web node and wait for startup to finish.
- If you are running a distributed deployment, restart secondary Web nodes and wait for startup to finish.
- Restart Manager Service nodes and wait for startup to finish.
If running automatic Manager Service failover, and you want to keep the active and passive nodes the same, restart in the following order:
- Stop the passive Manager Service nodes without restarting them.
- Completely restart the active Manager Service node.
- Start the passive Manager Service nodes.
- Restart the Distributed Execution Manager Orchestrator and Workers and all vRealize Automation agents, and wait for startup to finish for all components.
You can restart these components in any order.
- Verify that the service you restarted is registered.
- Open a Web browser to the vRealize Automation appliance management interface URL.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click the Refresh tab to monitor the progress of service startup.
When all services are listed as registered, the system is ready to use.