vRealize Automation provides sample configuration files that you can modify and edit to suit your needs. There are several changes required to make the files usable.
- Navigate to the vRealize Automation appliance management console page.
For example: https://va-hostname.domain.com.
- Click Guest and software agents page in the vRealize Automation component installation section of the page.
For example: https://va-hostname.domain.com/software/index.html.
The Guest and Software Agent Installers page opens, displaying links to available downloads.
- Click Linux guest agent packages in the guest agent installers section of the page to download and save the LinuxGuestAgentPkgs.zip file.
- Unpack the downloaded LinuxGuestAgentPkgs.zip file to create the VraLinuxGuestAgent folder.
- Navigate to the VraLinuxGuestAgent subdirectory that corresponds to the guest operating system to deploy during provisioning.
For example: rhel32.
- Open a file in the samples subdirectory that corresponds to your target system.
For example, samples/sample-https-rhel6-x86.cfg.
- Replace all instances of the string
host=dcac.example.netwith the IP address or fully qualified domain name and port number for the Manager Service or the load balancer for the Manager Service.
IP Address, for example: --host=172.20.9.59
IP Address, for example: --host=172.20.9.58
IP Address, for example: --host=172.20.9.57
FQDN, for example: --host=mycompany-host1.mycompany.local:443
- Locate each instance of
gugent.tar.gzand replace the URL
rpm.example.netwith the location of the guest agent package.
rpm -i nfs:172.20.9.59/suseagent/gugent.rpm
- Save the file to a location accessible to newly provisioned machines.