You can create a custom template and use it to define a container.
A template is a reusable configuration that you can use for provisioning a container or a suite of containers.
The Templates page displays template images that are available to you based on registries that you define. You can create a custom template, based on an existing template image or import a template or Docker Compose file. See Import a Container Template or Docker Compose File.
You can also create a custom template or image by using the Provision a Container from a Template or Image.option described in
Verify that you have container administrator role privileges.
- Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a container administrator.
- Click the Containers tab.
- Click Templates in the left pane.
A list displays the templates and images that are available for provisioning.
Configured templates in the Images view.
Existing or custom templates in the Template view.
All available templates and images based on your specified registries in the All view.
The Import and Export options are also available to import or export templates and images.
- Click the arrow next to the Provision button of an image you want to include in the template.
- Click Enter additional info.
- Click Save as Template to save your changes as a new container template in Containers for vRealize Automation.
What to do next
You can edit a template for future provisioning. Existing applications that were provisioned from the template are not affected by changes that you make to the template after provisioning.