Untrusted vRealize Automation appliance certificates must be manually imported to client browsers to support VMware Remote Console on clients provisioned on vSphere.
If vRealize Automation is configured with a trusted SSL certificate for your environment, then VMware Remote Console does not require additional configuration on client browsers.
The steps in this procedure apply for self-signed certificates and certificates issued by a Certificate Authority.
For information about supported versions of Internet Explorer, see the VMware vRealize Support Matrix on the VMware Web site.
- In an Internet Explorer browser, log in to the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Click View Certificate on the certificate error message that appears in the browser address bar.
- Click the General tab of the Certificate Information window..
- Verify that the information about the certificate is correct and click Install Certificate.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store in the Certificate Store dialog box.
- Click Browse to locate the certificate store.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authority and click OK.
- Click Next on the Certificate Store dialog box.
- Click Yes in the Security Warning dialog box to install the certificate.
- Restart the browser.
You can connect to the remote console without certificate errors.