System administrators create a global outbound email server to handle outbound email notifications. You can create only one outbound server, which appears as the default for all tenants. If tenant administrators do not override these settings before enabling notifications, vRealize Automation uses the globally configured email server.
Log in to the vRealize Automation console as a system administrator.
- Select .
- Click the Add icon ().
- Select Email – Outbound.
- Click OK.
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Type the name of the server in the Server Name text box.
- Choose an encryption method.
Click Use SSL.
Click Use TLS.
Click None to send unencrypted communications.
- Type the server port number in the Server Port text box.
- (Optional) Select the Required check box if the server requires authentication.
- Type a user name in the User Name text box.
- Type a password in the Password text box.
- Type the email address that vRealize Automation emails should appear to originate from in the Sender Address text box.
This email address corresponds to the user name and password you supplied.
- Choose whether vRealize Automation can accept self-signed certificates from the email server.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Add.