Tenant administrators can add an inbound email server so that users can respond to notifications for completing work items, such as approvals.
Each tenant can have only one inbound email server. If your system administrator already configured a global inbound email server, see Override a System Default Inbound Email Server.
Log in to vRealize Automation as a tenant administrator.
Verify that the specified user is in an identity store and in the business group.
- Select .
- Click the Add icon ().
- Select Email - Inbound and click OK.
- Configure the following inbound email server options.
Enter a name for the inbound email server.
Enter a description of the inbound email server.
Select the Use SSL check box.
Choose a server protocol.
Enter the server name.
Enter the server port number.
- Type the folder name for emails in the Folder Name text box.
This option is required only if you choose IMAP server protocol.
- Enter a user name in the User Name text box.
- Enter a password in the Password text box.
- Type the email address that vRealize Automation users can reply to in the Email Address text box.
- (Optional) Select Delete From Server to delete from the server all processed emails that are retrieved by the notification service.
- Choose whether vRealize Automation can accept self-signed certificates from the email server.
This option is available only if you enabled encryption.
Click Yes to accept self-signed certificates.
Click No to reject self-signed certificates.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Add.