System administrators create a custom remote desktop protocol file that IaaS architects use in blueprints to configure RDP settings. You create the RDP file and provide architects with the full pathname for the file so they can include it in blueprints, then a catalog administrator entitles users to the RDP action.
If you are using Internet Explorer with Enhanced Security Configuration enabled, you cannot download .rdp files.
Log in to the IaaS Manager Service as an administrator.
- Set your current directory to <vRA_installation_dir>\Rdp.
- Copy the file Default.rdp and rename it to Console.rdp in the same directory.
- Open the Console.rdp file in an editor.
- Add RDP settings to the file.
For example, connect to console:i:1.
- If you are working in a distributed environment, log in as a user with administrative privileges to the IaaS Host Machine where the Model Manager Website component is installed.
- Copy the Console.rdp file to the directory vRA_installation_dir\Website\Rdp.
Your IaaS architects can add the RDP custom properties to Windows machine blueprints, and then catalog administrators can entitle users to the Connect Using RDP action. See Add RDP Connection Support to Your Windows Machine Blueprints.