You can configure vRealize Automation to export audit events to VMware Log Insight to facilitate viewing audit events.
Audit logging is disabled by default and you must enable it to generate and view audit logging events.
If used, SSL is configured on the vRealize Automation appliance where the Log Insight agent resides, and it concerns the connection to the Log Insight Syslog server. To use SSL, you must configure the appropriate certificates and connectivity between vRealize Automation and the Log Insight server installed on your deployment.
vRealize Automation uses the Log Insight Agent that is installed by default on a vRealize Automation deployment to read log entries for viewing in Log Insight.
- Log in to the Virtual Appliance Management Interface as a system administrator.
- Select .
- Verify that the Enabled check box for audit logging is selected under the Audit Log Integration heading.
- Enter the Host machine name for the Log Insight server under the Log Insight Agent Configuration heading.
- Enter the Host machine name for the Log Insight agent.
- Enter the Port to be used for communication with the Log Insight agent.
- Select the appropriate communication protocol.
- Use the SSL Enabled check box to indicate whether SSL will be used for communication between the Log Insight agent and server.
If you choose not to use SSL, you can ignore the remainder of the settings on the page. If SSL is used, you must configure these settings.
- Make the appropriate selections in the SSL Trusted Root Certificates section if you are using SSL.
By default, the vRealize Automation appliance uses a self-signed certificate. If you want to use a Trusted Root certificate, you must import it.
- Select the appropriate check box to indicate whether you want to use a new certificate or an existing certificate.
See the notes on the Virtual Appliance Management Interface Configure vRealize Automation Logging page for more information.
- Click Save Settings.
- Make the appropriate selections in the SSL Server Certificates section.
- Use the Agent Behavior Configuration section to configure how the agent works with log files.
vRealize Automation audit log events are visible from the Log Insight interface.