You can add system and custom properties that appear on an approval form. You add these properties so that the approvers can change the values of system properties for machine resource settings such as CPU, lease, or memory, and custom properties before they complete an approval request.
The available system properties depend on the approval policy type and how the blueprint is configured. For some properties, the configured field in the blueprint must include a minimum and maximum value before the property appears in the system properties list.
Custom properties can be added when you add the approval level. If a custom property is configured and included in a blueprint, the custom properties you add to the approval form overwrite any other instances of that custom property for example, in blueprints, property groups, or endpoints.
The approver can modify selected or configured properties in the approval form.
Log in to vRealize Automation as a tenant administrator or approval administrator.
- On the Pre Approval or Post Approval tab, click the New icon ().
- Click the System Properties tab.
- Select the check box for each system property that you want the approver to configure during the approval process.
- Configure the custom properties.
Add one or more custom properties that you want the approver to configure during the approval process.
- Click the Custom Properties tab.
- Click the New icon ().
- Enter the custom property values.
Enter the property name.
Enter the label that is presented to the approver in the approval form.
Enter the extended information for the approver.
This information appears as the field tooltip in the form.
- Click Save.
- To delete multiple custom properties, select the rows and click Delete.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Add additional pre-approval or post-approval levels.
Save the approval policy. The policy must be active to apply to services, items, or actions in the Entitlements.