vRealize Automation is supplied with a default user access policy that you can use as is or edit as needed to manage tenant access to applications.
vRealize Automation is supplied with a default user access policy, and you cannot add new policies. You can edit the existing policy to add rules.
Select or configure the appropriate identity providers for your deployment. See Configure a Third Party Identity Provider Connection.
Configure the appropriate network ranges for your deployment. See Add or Edit a Network Range.
Configure the appropriate authentication methods for your deployment. See Integrating Alternative User Authentication Products with Directories Management.
If you plan to edit the default policy (to control user access to the service as a whole), configure it before creating Web-application-specific policy.
Add Web applications to the Catalog. The Web applications must be listed in the Catalog page before you can add a policy.
Log in to vRealize Automation as a tenant administrator.
- Select .
- Click Edit Policy to add a new policy.
- Add a policy name and description in the respective text boxes.
- In the Applies To section, click Select and in the page that appears, select the Web applications that are associated with this policy.
- In the Policy Rules section, click + to add a rule.
The Add a Policy Rule page appears.
- Select the network range to apply to this rule.
- Select the type of device that can access the web applications for this rule.
- Select the authentication methods to use in the order the method should be applied.
- Specify the number of hours a Web application session open.
- Click Save.
- Configure additional rules as appropriate.
- Click Save.