The Management Agent upgrade is unsuccessful during vRealize Automation upgrade.
If a failover incident has switched the primary and secondary Management Agent host, the upgrade is unsuccessful because the automated upgrade process cannot find the expected host. Perform this procedure on each IaaS node where the Management Agent is not upgraded.
- Open the All.log in the Management Agent logs folder, which is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Management Agent\Logs\.
The location of the installation folder might be different from the default location.
- Search the log file for a message about an outdated or powered off virtual appliance.
For example, INNER EXCEPTION: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP_Address:5480
- Edit the Management Agent configuration file at C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Management Agent\VMware.IaaS.Management.Agent.exe.config to replace the existing alternativeEndpointaddress value with the URL of the primary virtual appliance endpoint.
The location of the installation folder might be different from the default location.Example of alternativeEndpointaddress in VMware.IaaS.Management.Agent.exe.config.
<alternativeEndpoint address="https://FQDN:5480/" thumbprint="thumbprint number" />
- Restart the Management Agent Windows service and check the
All.logfile to verify that is working.
- Run the upgrade procedure on the primary vRealize Automation appliance.