When you request machine provisioning for a vSphere machine blueprint that has been designed to include the size or image component profiles, you specify provisioning setting by selecting an available value set.
When you request provisioning from the catalog, you can select from available value set choices for the Size and Image component profiles. When you choose one of the value sets, its corresponding property values are then bound to the request.
The component profile value set is applied to all vSphere machines in a cluster.For information about component profile configuration, see Understanding and Using Blueprint Parameterization.
- Define value sets for Size or Image component profiles. See Configure Component Profile Size Settings for Catalog Deployments and Configure Component Profile Image Settings for Catalog Deployments.
- Create a blueprint that contains a vSphere machine component that contains an Image or Size component profile. See Configure a Machine Blueprint and vSphere Machine Component Settings.
- Publish the blueprint to the catalog. See Publish a Blueprint.
- Configure the blueprint in the catalog. See Checklist for Configuring the Service Catalog and Examples of Approval Policies Based on the Virtual Machine Policy Type.
- Click .
- Select the catalog service to request and click Request.
- Select the vSphere machine component to provision and specify the number of instances to provision.
- Select an image value set option from the Image drop-down menu.
- Select a size value set option from the Size drop-down menu.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
The value sets that you defined for the Size and Image component profiles are now available on the Image and Size drop-down menus on the Catalog tab in the catalog provisioning request form.