If you apply an approval policy to an item that is used in multiple entitlements that are entitled to same users in a business group, the approval policy is triggered on the item even in the service where the approval policy is not explicitly applied in the entitlement.
For example, you create the following blueprints, services, approval policies, and entitlements.
- RHEL vSphere virtual machine
- QE Testing includes RHEL vSphere virtual machine
- QE Training includes RHEL vSphere virtual machine
- The QE Testing blueprint is associated with the Testing service
- The QE Training blueprint is associated with the Training service
- Entitlement 1
- Entitlement 2
|Entitlement Name||Business Group||Entitled Service||Entitled Item|
|Entitlement 1||QE||Testing||Catalog Item Request - Virtual Machine applied to Virtual Machine Component|
When the user selects QE Training in the service catalog, the approval policy is triggered for RHEL vSphere virtual machine because it is a blueprint based on virtual machine component that is used in the QE Training blueprint.