You can create an Ansible endpoint to support the addition of Ansible configuration management components to vSphere virtual machines. These components enable you to use an Ansible tower to enforce configuration management on virtual machines.
- Install and configure an Ansible Tower as appropriate for your environment.
- Download and install the Ansible plug-in on youvRealize Orchestrator deployment. The plug-in is available from https://marketplace.vmware.com/vsx/solutions/sovlabs-ansible-tower-plug-in-for-vra-cm-framework-1?ref=search.
- Select .
- Click the New icon.
- On the Plug-in tab, click the Plug-in drop-down menu and select Ansible Plug-in.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description on the Endpoint tab.
- Click Next.
- Populate the text boxes on the Details tab pages as appropriate for the endpoint.
Details Tab Page Description Ansible Tower Endpoint Configuration Add endpoint configuration information.
- Ansible Tower Endpoint Configuration: Enter the name and IP address or host name in the appropriate text boxes.
- Ansible Tower Credential Configuration: Enter the login credentials for the Ansible tower associated with this endpoint.
- Import SSL Certificate: Select whether you want the Ansible tower certificate to be accepted by vRealize Orchestrator silently.
Ansible Tower Host Access If applicable enter the SSH credentials for the Ansible Tower machine so that a deployed machine can connect to it to configure a custom dynamic inventory script. Organization and Inventory Setup Configure your organization name and inventory. Add dynamic inventory configuration values. Filters and Groups Configure key value pair property filters and Ansible dynamic groups. Prompt on Launch Overrides (Optional) Configure Ansible Job options as well as machine, template and inventory options. vRA Property Translation If applicable, enter the desired replacement string for use by Ansible during processing of custom properties after provisioning.
- Click Finish.