You can organize infrastructure resources into fabric groups and assign one or more fabric administrators to manage the resources in the fabric group.
Fabric groups are required for virtual and cloud endpoints. You can grant the fabric administrator role to multiple users by either adding multiple users one at a time or by choosing an identity store group or custom group as your fabric administrator.
Log in to vRealize Automation as an IaaS administrator.
- Create at least one endpoint. See Choosing an Endpoint Scenario.
- Select .
- Click the New icon ().
- Enter a name in the Name text box.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Enter a user name or user email address in the Fabric administrators text box, click the Search icon, and select the provided user email address.
Repeat this step to add multiple users.
- Select one or more Compute resources to include in your fabric group.
Only resources that exist in the clusters you select for your fabric group are discovered during data collection. For example, only templates that exist in the clusters you select are discovered and available for cloning on reservations you create for business groups.
- Click OK.
Fabric administrators can now configure machine prefixes. See Configure Machine Prefixes.
Users who are currently logged in to the vRealize Automation must log out and log back in to the vRealize Automation before they can navigate to the pages to which they have been granted access.