After upgrading from vRealize Automation 6.2.5, download the IaaS installer to the virtual machine where the IaaS components to be upgraded are installed.
If you see certificate warnings during this procedure, you can ignore them.
Note: Except for a passive backup instance of the Manager Service, the startup type for all services must be set to Automatic during the upgrade process. If you set services to Manual, the upgrade process fails.
- Verify that Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later is installed on the IaaS installation virtual machine. You can download the .NET installer from the VMware vRealize Automation IaaS Installation page. If you update .NET to 4.5.2 after you shut down the services, the virtual machine might restart as part of the installation. When this happens, you must manually stop all IaaS services on the virtual machine except for the Management Agent.
- If you are using Internet Explorer for the download, verify that Enhanced Security Configuration is not enabled. Enter res://iesetup.dll/SoftAdmin.htm in the search bar and press Enter.
- Log in as a local administrator to the Windows server where one or more of the IaaS components you want to upgrade are installed.
- Open a browser to the IaaS Installation page on the primary or master vRealize Automation appliance.
- Click IaaS installer.
- When prompted, save setup__vrealize-automation-appliance-FQDN@5480.exe to the desktop.
Do not change the file name. The name links the installation to the correct vRealize Automation appliance.
What to do next
- If you have an external vRealize Orchestrator appliance cluster, see.
- See Upgrade the IaaS Components After Upgrading vRealize Automation.