To install IaaS on your distributed virtual or physical Windows servers, you download a copy of the IaaS installer from the vRealize Automation appliance.
If you see certificate warnings during this process, continue past them to finish the installation.
- Configure the First vRealize Automation Appliance in a Cluster and, optionally, Add Another vRealize Automation Appliance to the Cluster.
- Verify that the server meets the requirements in IaaS Windows Servers.
- Verify that you imported a certificate to IIS and that the certificate root or the certificate authority is in the trusted root on the installation machine.
- If you are using load balancers in your environment, verify that they meet the configuration requirements.
- (Optional) Activate HTTP if you are installing on a Windows 2012 machine.
- Select Features > Add Features from Server Manager.
- Expand WCF Services under .NET Framework Features.
- Select HTTP Activation.
- Log in to the IaaS Windows server using an account that has administrator rights.
- Open a Web browser directly to the vRealize Automation appliance installer URL. Do not use a load balancer address.
- Click IaaS Installer.
- Save setup__vrealize-automation-appliance-FQDN@5480 to the Windows server.
Do not change the installer file name. It is used to connect the installation to the vRealize Automation appliance.
- Download the installer file to each IaaS Windows server on which you are installing components.
What to do next
Install an IaaS database, see Choosing an IaaS Database Scenario.