You can use the Bulk Imports feature to import, update, or migrate virtual machines to vRealize Automation. Bulk Imports streamlines the management of multiple machines in multiple environments.
Bulk Imports creates a CSV file that contains defining virtual machine data such as reservation, storage path, blueprint, owner, and any custom properties. You use the CSV file to import virtual machines to your vRealize Automation environment. Bulk Imports supports the following administrative tasks:
- Import one or more unmanaged virtual machines so that they can be managed in a vRealize Automation environment.
- Make a global change to a virtual machine property, such as a storage path.
- Migrate a virtual machine from one vRealize Automation environment to another.
- Deactivate all Event Broker subscriptions. If you are deactivating subscriptions, you must schedule a service outage for your vRealize Automation cluster because extensiblity will not be applied to any normal machine provisioned during this time.
- Add a condition to event subscriptions to not trigger when a machine is imported. To add this condition, navigate to Event Subscriptions, select the subscription to deactivate, and add a custom property VirtualMachine.Imported.ConvergedBlueprint does not equal <Id of the import blueprint>. This condition does not effect normally provisioned machines and instead is only applied to imported machines.
Log in to vRealize Automation as a fabric administrator and as a business group manager.
- If you are importing virtual machines that use static IP addresses, prepare a properly configured address pool.