You can configure the component profile Size setting to specify CPU, memory, and storage sizing for vSphere machine components in the blueprint.
After you define value sets for the Size component profile, you can add one or more value sets to a component profile for a vSphere machine component in a blueprint. Users can then select a Size value set when they request a catalog item.
Log in to vRealize Automation as an administrator with tenant administrator and IaaS administrator access rights.
- Click Size in the Name column.
Information about the supplied Size component profile is displayed on the General tab.
- Click the Value Sets tab.
- To define a new value set, for example, for a large size deployment, click New and configure the Size settings.
- Enter a value in the Display name field to append to the ValueSet delimeter, for example small_1.
- Accept the default value shown in the Name text box as ValueSet.small_1 or enter a custom name.
- Enter a description such as small deployment in the Description text box.
- Select Active or Inactive in the Status drop down menu.
Select Active to allow the value set to be visible in the catalog provisioning request form.
- Enter the number of virtual CPUs on which the deployment can be run, for example 1.
- Enter the amount of RAM to be used by virtual machines in the deployment, for example 2 MB.
- Enter the amount of storage to be used by virtual machines in the deployment, for example 1 GB.
- Click Save.
- When you are satisfied with your settings , click Finish.
What to do next
Add one or more value sets to the Size component profile by using the Profiles tab on a vSphere machine component. See Configure a Machine Blueprint and vSphere Machine Component Settings in vRealize Automation.