You can create a vCloud Director endpoint to manage all of the vCloud Director virtual data centers (vDCs) in your environment, or you can create separate endpoints to manage each vCloud Director organization. You can optionally associate proxy settings to the vCloud Director endpoint by associating to a Proxy endpoint.
For information about Organization vDCs, see vCloud Director documentation.
Do not create a single endpoint and individual organization endpoints for the same vCloud Director instance.
vRealize Automation uses a proxy agent to manage vSphere resources.
Lease information for vCloud Director machines must be specified in vRealize Automation and not in vCloud Director. If you specify lease information in vCloud Director, that lease information is not recognized or used in vRealize Automation. Enter lease information for vCloud Director machines in your vRealize Automation blueprint, not in vCloud Director.
For information about associating proxy settings to your endpoint, see Create a Proxy Endpoint and Associate to a Cloud Endpoint.
Log in to vRealize Automation as an IaaS administrator.
- If you want to configure additional security and force connections to pass through a proxy server, create a Proxy endpoint. You can associate to the Proxy endpoint as you create the vCloud Director endpoint. See Create a Proxy Endpoint and Associate to a Cloud Endpoint.
- Select .
- Select .
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description.
- Enter the URL of the vCloud Director server in the Address text box.
The URL must be of the type FQDN or IP_address.For example, https://mycompany.com.
- Enter your administrator-level user name and password.
- To connect to the vCloud Director server and specify the organization for which the user has the administrator role, use organization administrator credentials. With these credentials, the endpoint can access only the associated organization vDCs. You can add endpoints for each additional organization in the vCloud Director instance to integrate with vRealize Automation.
- To allow access to all Organization vDCs in the vCloud Director instance, use system administrator credentials for a vCloud Director and leave the Organization text box empty.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can enter a vCloud Director organization name in the Organization text box.
Option Description Discover all Organization vCDs If you have implemented vCloud Director in a private cloud, you can leave the Organization text box blank to allow the application to discover all the available Organization vDCs. Separate endpoints for each Organization vCD Enter a vCloud Director organization name in the Organization text box.
The Organization name matches your vCloud Director Organization name, which might also appear as your virtual data center (vDC) name. If you are using a Virtual Private Cloud, then this name is a unique identifier in the M123456789-12345 format. In a dedicated cloud, it is the given name of the target vDC.
If you are connecting directly to vCloud Director at the system level, for example leaving the Organization field blank, you need system administrator credentials. If you are entering an Organization in the endpoint, you need a user who has Organization Administrator credentials in that organization.
Provide credentials with rights to connect by using VMware Remote Console.
- To manage all organizations with a single endpoint, provide credentials for a system administrator.
- To manage each organization virtual datacenter (vDC) with a separate endpoint, create separate organization administrator credentials for each vDC.
Do not create a single system-level endpoint and individual organization endpoints for the same vCloud Director instance.
- (Optional) Click Properties and add supplied custom properties, property groups, or your own property definitions for the endpoint.
- (Optional) To configure additional security and force connections to pass through a proxy server, click Associations and associate to an existing Proxy endpoint.
You must have at least one Proxy endpoint to create an association.
- Click OK.