Before you can define an external IPAM integration point in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly, you need a configured IPAM provider package. You can download a provider package from your IPAM provider's website or from the vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly Marketplace.
You can obtain a provider-specific integration package from your IPAM provider's website, from the VMware solutions exchange marketplace or, if available, from the vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly Marketplace tab.
Infoblox.zip, which is available for download from the VMware solutions exchange marketplace as follows:
IPAM integration with Infoblox depends on Infoblox WAPI version v2.7. All Infoblox appliances that support WAPI v2.7 are supported.
For information about how to create an IPAM integration package for other IPAM providers, if one does not already exist in the Marketplace, see How do I use the IPAM SDK to create a provider-specific external IPAM integration package for vRealize Automation.
The IPAM provider package contains scripts that are packaged with metadata and other configurations. The scripts contain the source code used for the operations that vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly performs in coordination with the external IPAM provider. Example operations include Allocate an IP address for a virtual machine, Fetch a list of IP ranges from the provider, and Update the MAC address of a host record in the provider.
- Verify that you have cloud administrator credentials. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly user roles.
- Verify that you have an account with the external IPAM provider, for example Infoblox or Bluecat, and that you have the correct access credentials to your organization's account with the IPAM provider.
- If you are using Infobox as your external IPAM provider, verify that you have added the required extensible attributes to your Infoblox account before continuing. See Add required extensible attributes in the Infoblox application for integration with vRealize Automation.
- Navigate to the vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 0.1 (vRealize Automation 8.0) or vRA Cloud Infoblox plugin version 1.0 (vRealize Automation 8.0.1) package page at the VMware solutions exchange marketplace.
- Log in and download the plug-in package.
- If you have not already done so, add the required extensible attributes in Infoblox. See Add required extensible attributes in the Infoblox application for integration with vRealize Automation.