As a cloud administrator, you can create an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud account for account regions to which your team will deploy vRealize Automation blueprints.
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials and have enabled HTTPS access on port 443. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have the required user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly user roles.
- Verify that you have required AWS administrator credentials.
- If you do not have external Internet access, configure an Internet server proxy. See How do I configure an Internet proxy server for vRealize Automation.
- Select Add Cloud Account. and click
- Select the AWS account type, and enter credentials and other values.
- Click Validate.
The account regions associated with the account are collected.
- Select the regions to which you want to provision this resource.
- For efficiency, click Create a Cloud zone for the selected regions.
- If you need to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags. See How do I use tags to manage vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly resources and deployments and Creating a Tagging Strategy.
- Click Add.
The account is added to vRealize Automation, and the selected regions are available for the specified cloud zone.
What to do next
Configure infrastructure resources for this cloud account.