Using the migration assessment service, you can run a migration assessment on a single vRealize Automation 7.5 or 7.6 instance to determine migration readiness.
The migration assessment includes connecting to your vRealize Automation source instances and assessing the vRealize Automation and embedded vRealize Orchestrator instances.
The migration assessment reviews your vRealize Automation source environment and identifies what objects to carry over and migrate. You can review the assessment results and correct items in your source environment that are not correctly set up or ready for migration in the future.
- From the Source Instance page, click Add a Source Account.
- Enter the credentials of your vRealize Automation 7.5 or 7.6 source environment.
Note: You must provide a FQDN or an IP address for the source in the hostname text box. For example, test-n-88-087.test.vmware.com
- Click Validate and Save to validate and identify all the tenants that are available for migration.
Note: You must provide the system administrator and password of your source environment to identify all available tenants.
- In Allow migrations from these tenants, toggle and select which tenants you want to assess in vRealize Automation 8.0.
- Optional: To run an assessment on an embedded vRealize Orchestrator instance, select Enable Assessment for Embedded vRealize Ochestrator.
The vRealize Orchestrator assessment details and dependencies appear on the vRO Assessment page.
- Click Next: Assessment to finish the migration assessment of the selected source tenants.