You can use vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly integrations to add an external vRealize Orchestrator Client to your vRealize Automation environment.
By integrating the client of an external vRealize Orchestrator instance, you can take advantage of the full functionality of the specified vRealize Orchestrator deployment. This includes access to the object editors for objects such as workflows, actions, and configuration elements.
The workflows you develop with the embedded vRealize Orchestrator Client can also be used in your extensibility subscriptions.
- Verify that you have cloud administrator credentials. For more information, see What are the Cloud Assembly user roles in Using and Managing vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly.
- Download and deploy an external vRealize Orchestrator 8.0 instance. For more information, see Installing, Configuring, and Migrating VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
- Configure your vRealize Orchestrator authentication with the same vRealize Automation deployment you want to integrate the client to.
- From vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly, select .
- Click Add Integration.
- Select vRealize Orchestrator.
- Enter the URL address of your external vRealize Orchestrator instance.
Important: The provided vRealize Orchestrator URL must be https:// your_external_vro_FQDN:443. Using a port different from 443 can cause the validation to fail.
- Click Validate.
- Enter a name for the integration.
- Accept the external vRealize Orchestrator certificate.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the integration.
- (Optional) Enter capability tags for the integration.
Note: Capability tags can be used to manage multiple vRealize Orchestrator integrations. For more information, see Managing multiple vRealize Orchestrator integrations with project constraints in Using and Managing vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly.
- To finish the vRealize Orchestrator integration, click Add.
What to do next
To access the integrated external vRealize Orchestrator Client:
- Navigate to the vRealize Automation Cloud Services Console.
- Select Orchestrator.
- Select the tab that corresponds to the integrated vRealize Orchestrator instance.
Important: vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly users without cloud administrator credentials cannot see the tab of the integrated vRealize Orchestrator instance.