You can upgrade an existing external IPAM integration point to source a more recent version of the vendor-specific IPAM integration package.
An external IPAM provider or VMware may upgrade a source IPAM integration package for a particular vendor. For example, the external IPAM integration package for Infoblox has been upgraded several times. To preserve any existingvRealize Automation infrastructure settings that use a named IPAM integration point, you can edit an IPAM integration point to source the updated IPAM integration package, rather than create a new IPAM integration point.
This procedure assumes that you have already created an external IPAM integration point and want to upgrade that integration point to use a more recent version of the vendor's IPAM integration package.
For information about how to create an external IPAM integration point, see Add an external IPAM integration point in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have cloud administrator credentials. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly user roles.
- Verify that you have an account with the external IPAM provider and that you have the correct access credentials to your organization's account with that IPAM provider.
- Verify that you have access to a deployed integration package for your IPAM provider. The deployed package is initially obtained as a .zip download from your IPAM provider website or from the vRealize Automation Marketplace and then deployed to vRealize Automation.
For information about how to download and deploy the provider package .zip file and make it available as a Provider value on the IPAM Integration page, see Download and deploy an external IPAM provider package for use in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have access to a configured running environment for the IPAM provider. The running environment is typically an actions-based extensibility (ABX) On-Prem Embedded integration point.
For information about running environment characteristics, see Create a running environment for an IPAM integration point in vRealize Automation.
- Select IPAM and open the existing IPAM integration point.
- Click Manage Providers.
- Navigate to and import the updated IPAM integration package.
- Click Validate and click Save.