You can use an existing vRealize Orchestrator workflow to modify virtual machine properties and add virtual machines to the active directory.
The subscription schema defines the format of the payload for Event Broker Service (EBS) messages. In order to receive and use EBS message payload inside a workflow, you must define the "inputProperties" workflow input parameters.
- Cloud administrator user role
- Existing vRealize Orchestrator on-premises workflows.
- Successful integration and connection to the vRealize Orchestrator client server.
- Select .
- Click New Subscription.
- Create a subscription with the following parameters:
Parameter Value Name RenameVM Event topic Select an event topic suitable for the desired vRealize Orchestrator integration. For example, compute allocation. Blocking/Non-blocking Non-blocking Runnable item Select a vRealize Orchestrator runnable type. Runnable ID Select the desired workflow. For example, Set VM name.
- To save your subscription, click Create.
- Assign and activate your subscription by creating a blueprint or deploying an existing blueprint.
What to do next
Verify that the workflow initiated successfully by one of the following methods:
- Verify the workflow runs log, .
- Open the vRealize Orchestrator client and check workflow status by navigating to the workflow and verifying the status or by opening the specific logs tab.