The vRealize Easy Installer provides you with an option to install vRealize Automation with minimum steps. Installation of vRealize Automation is an optional procedure and you can skip this step if you do not want to install a new instance of vRealize Automation. To install vRealize Automation using Lifecycle Manager, see vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Installation, Upgrade and Administration Guide.
vRealize Automation installation is optional and it can be deployed in a standard or a cluster mode. Standard supports a single node vRealize Automation and cluster mode supports 3 node vRealize Automation installation.
- Verify that you have the static IP address of the VM, host name, and VM name. vRealize Automation requires VMware Identity Manager 3.3.1 for an import or a new installation. Manual installation of vRealize Automation through OVA is not supported.
- Verify that you have an external load balancer configured for cluster deployments.
- Enter the vRealize Automation Environment Name.
- Under the vRealize Automation license, enter the License Key.
- After configuring your VMware Identity Manager settings, you have the option to install vRealize Automation. For a standard deployment with a master node, enter the Virtual Machine Name, IP Address, and FQDN Hostname of vRealize Automation. Skip to step 6.
- For a cluster deployment with three nodes, you are required to enter the Load Balancer IP address and FQDN.
Note: If the SSL is terminated at load-balancer, select the SSL terminated at load-balancer check box. Deselect the check box, if the SSL pass-through is enabled in the load-balancer. If a wrong value is provided for the property, then vRealize Automation deployment to fails.
- For a cluster deployment, create a master node by using step 2 as a guideline.
- For a cluster deployment, create secondary nodes, enter the required text boxes, and proceed.
- Click Next.
- Read the Summary page with the entered data and click Submit.
For example, the installation time depends on copying binaries from the source machine to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager VA for VMware Identity Manager and vRealize Automation deployment, which varies based on the network speed.
After submitting your details, the installer takes about 30 minutes to install the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, copy binaries, and then start the installation process which depends on the network speed. After the vRealize Automation installation, you can also start configuring vRealize Log Insight. For more information, see How do I configure log forwarding to vRealize Log Insight in Administering vRealize Automation.