You can integrate the GitHub cloud-based repository hosting service in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly
You need a valid GitHub token to configure GitHub integration in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly See the GitHub documentation for information about creating and locating your token.
- You must have access to GitHub.
- Configure and store cloud templates to be integrated with GitHub correctly. Only valid cloud templates are imported into GitHub. See How do I use Git integration in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly.
- Select Add Integration. and click
- Select GitHub.
- Enter the required information on the GitHub configuration page.
- Click Validate to check the integration.
- If you need to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags. See How do I use tags to manage vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly resources and deployments and Creating a tagging strategy.
- Click Add.
- Configure the GitLab connection to accept cloud templates in an appropriate repository.
- Select and choose the appropriate GitHub integration.
- Select Projects.
- Select New Project and create a name for the project.
- Enter the Repository path within GitHub. Typically, this is the user name of the main account appended to the repository name.
- Enter the appropriate GitHub Branch that you want to use.
- If applicable, enter a Folder name. If left blank, all folders are available.
- Enter an appropriate Type.
- Click Next to finish adding the repository.
An automated synchronization task is initiated that imports cloud templates into the platform.When the synchronization tasks are complete, a message indicates that the cloud templates have been imported.
GitHub is available for use in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly blueprints.
What to do next
You can now retrieve cloud templates from GitHub.