vRealize Automation 8 Migration Assistant tool includes these limitations.
- In vRealize Automation 8, Blueprints are called VMware Cloud Templates.
- Nested blueprints (Parent blueprint with children blueprints) are not supported in vRealize Automation 8. You can flatten nested blueprints, if desired. However, flattening blueprints will cause you to lose the abstraction layer.
- During migration, lease policies are migrated but the Minimum lease days field is not. vRealize Automation 8 migrates minimum lease days as Maximum Lease Days and maximum lease days as Maximum Total Lease.
- If your source Blueprint contained a reservation policy and that reservation policy is deleted before migration, the reservation policy is migrated and tagged on the VMware Cloud Template. However, when you attempt to provision a VMware Cloud Template (formerly Blueprint) in vRealize Automation 8, it fails because the reservation policy does not exist and issues this error message:
"No placement exists that satisfies all of the request requirements. See if suitable placements and cloud zones exist for the current project and they have been properly tagged."To remediate this, open the VMware Cloud Template in vRealize Automation 8 and remove the tag.
- Migrating storage reservation policies is not supported in vRealize Automation.