This procedure describes how to set up vRealize Automation to work with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud self-service hybrid cloud environments so that they can use vRealize Automationworkloads within these environments.
vRealize Automation supports connections with Azure VMware Solution (AVS) and Google Cloud VMware Engine (GCVE) to move and run VMware workloads on Azure or Google Cloud. AVS and GCVE are products created by Microsoft and Google to support interface with VMware environments. Each product has its own unique methods and procedures for running VMware deployments.
Use of AVS and GCVE are well documented by their respective vendors. You can find the documentation here:
- Azure VMware Solution -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-vmware/
- Google Cloud VMware Engine - https://cloud.google.com/vmware-engine/docs
To use AVS or GCVE, you must set up both vCenter and NSX-T cloud accounts. See the following documentation for setting up these cloud accounts:
- Set up vCenter cloud account - Create a vCenter cloud account in vRealize Automation
- Create an NSX-T cloud account - Create an NSX-T cloud account in vRealize Automation
The following procedure outlines the high level steps to configure your environment so that you can deploy vRealize Automation workloads on AVS or GCVE.
- Install and configure Azure VMware Solution or Google Cloud VMware Engine based on the vendor instructions as appropriate for your environment.
- Create vCenter and NSX-T cloud accounts within your vRealize Automation deployment.