As a Service Broker or Cloud Assembly user, you received an email notification about a deployment request that you made. You can use this procedure to understand the approval policy workflow related to your request.
This information assumes that you received an email notification about the approval, or that you noticed that your deployment did not progress.
You receive an email with the name of your deployment and the name of the first approver on the list. The message includes a link to the deployment details where you can track the approvals in the deployment details.
If you received an email about the pending request, you can see the name of your deployment and the name of the first approver on the list. The message includes a link to the deployment details where you can track the approvals in the deployment details.
- To learn more about how approval policies are configured, see How do I configure Service Broker approval policies.
- Click the Deployments tab.
- You requested a deployment or a day 2 action on an existing deployment, but you now see message on your deployment card.
For example, your card displays
Create - Approval Pendingand lists the names of the approvers.Your request triggered one or more approval policies.
- For information that helps you track the progress of your request, click the deployment name, and then click the Details tab.
When the deployment is first awaiting approval, you only see APPROVAL_IN_PROGRESS. After a few minutes the list of approver names are added in the Details column. If the request requires multiple approvers, the approver list updates as an approver responds. With each update, only the pending approver names remain.
- When your request is approved or rejected, you receive another email message appropriate to the outcome.
If the request is rejected, the deployment details History tab displays REQUEST_FAILED and the details column provides the name of the approver and the reason for rejecting the request.