You can migrate a clustered vRealize Orchestrator deployment that is embedded in a vRealize Automation 7.x environment to an embedded vRealize Orchestrator 8.4 environment.
The migration transfers a clustered vRealize Orchestrator 7.x configuration to your vRealize Orchestrator 8.4 environment. The migration involves overwriting all existing elements in your vRealize Orchestrator 8.x environment.
service vco-server stop service vco-configurator stop
- Migration is supported for embedded vRealize Orchestrator 7.3 or later.
- Configure a vRealize Orchestrator cluster in your target vRealize Automation 8.4 environment. See Configure a vRealize Orchestrator Cluster in Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
- Back up the target vRealize Automation environment.
- Verify that SSH access is enabled on the source vRealize Automation instance and target vRealize Automation environment.
- Verify that the source vRealize Automation database is accessible from the target vRealize Automation environment.
- Log in to the vRealize Orchestrator appliance command line of your target environment over SSH as root.
- To start the migration, run the vro-migrate script.
- Follow the command prompts to provide the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and credentials of the source vRealize Orchestrator instance.
- (Optional) To follow the migration progress, access the migration log:
The migration process begins. You receive a notification on the target vRealize Orchestrator appliance when the migration finishes.
- Log in to your target vRealize Orchestrator appliance command line over a separate SSH session as root.
- Run the tail -f /var/log/vro-migration.log command.
- (Optional) If you want to access your vRealize Orchestrator 7.x environment after migration, log in to the source vRealize Orchestrator appliance and restart the vco-server and vco-configurator services.
You have migrated your clustered vRealize Orchestrator deployment.