You use vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly to connect to your public and private cloud providers so that you can deploy machines, applications, and services that you create to those resources. You and your teams develop cloud-templates-as-code in an environment that supports an iterative workflow, from development to testing to production. At provisioning time, you can deploy across a range of cloud vendors. The service is a managed VMware SaaS and NaaS-based framework.
An overview of vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly includes the following basic functions.
- The Infrastructure tab is where you add and organize your cloud vendor resources and users. This tab also provides information about deployed cloud templates.
- The Design tab is your development home. You use the canvas and the YAML editor to develop and then deploy your machines and applications.
- The Marketplace tab provides VMware Solution Exchange cloud templates and images that help you build your template library and access supporting OVA or OVFs.
- The Extensibility tab is where you can extend and automate your application life cycles. You can subscribe to events that are used to trigger extensibility actions or vRealize Orchestrator workflows.
- The Deployments tab shows the current status of your provisioned resources. You can access details and history that you use to manage your deployments.
- The Tenant Management tab shows the different tenants that you configured if you are a service provider and enables you allocate or de-allocate virtual private zones.