You can add a VMware SDDC Manager integration to vRealize Automation to facilitate using workload domains as part of VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) cloud accounts within vRealize Automation.
- vRealize Automation supports integration only with VMware SDDC manager 4.1 and newer.
- Select Add Integration. and click
- Select SDDC Manager.
The SDDC Manager integration configuration page appears.
- In the Summary section, enter a Name and Description for the integration.
- In the SDDC Manager Credentials section, enter the SDDC Mgr IP address/FQDN for the SDDC Manager server machine.
- Enter the Username and Password for the admin account to be used to initially connect to the SDDC Manager. As a best practice, avoid using the administrator account to connect. Use a different account that has admin privileges in SDDC Manager to create service roles.
These credentials are used to initially set up the connection to the SDDC Manager, and then service credentials are created to use when connecting from a VCF cloud account.
- Click Validate to verify the connection to the SDDC Manager.
- Click Add.
After the integration is created, you can view workloads associated with the SDDC on the Workload Domain tab that appears on the completed integration page. Also, you can view and select workloads associated with the integration and then click the Add Cloud Account button to open a page for creating a VCF cloud account that will use the selected workload.
What to do next
After you configure the VCF cloud account, a Setup Cloud button appears at the top of the page. Click this button to initiate the VCF cloud setup wizard.