If you configure your product outside of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, then the products managed from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager are out of sync. To update the configuration, you have to trigger the inventory sync.
Performing an inventory sync is useful:
- If there is any failure, inventory sync updates the correct primary node in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- If any components of products are added or deleted outside of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the inventory sync also updates them.
- If a product password is modified, even if you sync it with the inventory, the request eventually fails. In this scenario, retry with the correct password. To modify the password directly in the application, for example, in vRealize Automation, you must run the inventory sync of the product in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager so that the modified passwords are synchronized. This action prompts you to provide the modified passwords during an inventory sync.
For all the products across all environments, follow these methods to sync your inventories.
- Click the horizontal ellipses on the product card and click Trigger Inventory Sync.
- If there are multiple environments and multiple products within an environment, click the Trigger Inventory Sync on the Environment page, which triggers the inventory sync on all the products across all environments.
- Click View Details of the product, and then click the Trigger Inventory Sync, which triggers the inventory sync for the required product.