In this step, you drag a network machine component onto a vRealize Automation Cloud cloud template canvas and add settings for an isolated network deployment to your target VMware Cloud on AWS environment.
Add network isolation to the cloud template that you created earlier. The cloud template is already associated with a project and cloud zone that support deployment to your VMware Cloud on AWS environment, as well as the network profile and network that you configured for isolation.
Unless otherwise indicated, the step values that you enter in this procedure are for this example workflow only.
- Complete the Configure on-demand security group-based isolation in vRealize Automation Cloud or Configure on-demand network-based isolation in vRealize Automation Cloud procedure.
- This procedure assumes that you have cloud template designer credentials. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud user roles.
- This procedure assumes that you have VMware Cloud on AWS CloudAdmin credentials for the target SDDC in vCenter. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- Open the cloud template that you created in the previous workflow. See Define a vCenter machine resource in a cloud template design to support VMware Cloud on AWS deployment in vRealize Automation Cloud.
- From the components on the left of the cloud template design page, drag a network component onto the canvas.
- Edit the network component YAML code to specify a network type of either
outbound, as shown in bold.
resources: Cloud_Network_1: type: Cloud.Network properties: name: vmc_isolated networkType: private
resources: Cloud_Network_1: type: Cloud.Network properties: name: vmc_isolated networkType: outbound
What to do next
You are ready to deploy or close the cloud template.