You can configure your cloud extensibility proxy used for vRealize Orchestrator and on-premises extensibility actions to forward logs to vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
Forwarding the logs from your cloud extensibility proxy can be useful for scenarios such as preserving your log messages for troubleshooting of the vRealize Orchestrator deployment for longer than the log rotation allows for.
Install the on-premises version of vRealize Log Insight. See Installing vRealize Log Insight.
Deploy a Cloud Proxy. See Deploy a Cloud Proxy for vRealize Log Insight Cloud.
- Log in to the cloud extensibility proxy virtual appliance command line over SSH as root.
- Configure the vRealize Log Insight agent of the cloud extensibility proxy virtual appliance to forward logs to the on-premises vRealize Log Insight instance by running the following command:
vracli vrli set <log_insight_on_prem_hostname>
- Configure the on-premises vRealize Log Insight instance to forward logs to the Cloud Proxy.
- Log in to your on-premises vRealize Log Insight instance.
- Under Log Forwarding and click Create New Destination. , navigate to
- For the host address, enter the IP address used during the Cloud Proxy deployment.
- Specify that input queries to filter logs must be forwarded.
- Save the log forwarding configuration.
Logs from the cloud extensibility proxy virtual appliance now appear in vRealize Log Insight Cloud.