This procedure describes how to set up vRealize Automation Cloud to work with an Oracle Cloud VMware Solution self-service hybrid cloud environment so that you can use vRealize Automation Cloudworkloads within this environment.
vRealize Automation Cloud supports connection with Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) to move and run VMware workloads on Oracle Cloud. OCVS was created by Oracle to support interface with VMware environments.
Use of OCVS is well documented by Oracle. You can find the documentation here:
- Oracle Cloud VMware Solution - https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/VMware/Concepts/ocvsoverview.htm
To use OCVS, you must set up both vCenter and NSX-T cloud accounts. See the following documentation for setting up these cloud accounts:
- Set up vCenter cloud account - Create a vCenter cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud
- Create an NSX-T cloud account - Create an NSX-T cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud
The following procedure outlines the high level steps to configure your environment so that you can deploy vRealize Automation Cloud workloads on OCVS.
- Install and configure Oracle Cloud VMware Solution based on the vendor instructions as appropriate for your environment.
- Create vCenter and NSX-T cloud accounts within your vRealize Automation Cloud deployment.